Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump was criticized Friday for retweeting a racist Twitter account.
Trump retweeted an image the account posted featuring the face of Jeb Bush manipulated onto the body of a gruff looking man with holding a sign that reads “Vote Trump” outside of the Trump Tower in New York.
The account Trump retweeted goes by the Twitter handle @WhiteGenocideTM, sending daily messages of hate towards minorities, frequently including posts that link to news stories featuring the arrest of black males for crimes against whites.
Trump is facing criticism from pundits Friday, including rapper Talib Kweli who was among the first to catch the retweet. This isn’t the first time Trump has gotten in trouble over his social media usage. In October he blamed an intern for a tweet that offended Iowans.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy