ROME — The man convicted of killing a British student in the Amanda Knox case broke his silence Thursday, insisting the American was at the scene of the crime on the night of the murder.
Rudy Guede, who is serving a 16-year sentence for killing Knox’s roommate Meredith Kercher, protested his innocence from an Italian jail in his first television interview.
He recounted the events surrounding Kercher’s death in a Perugia apartment in 2007, repeating his claim that he was in the bathroom when the 21-year-old was fatally attacked.
The 30-year-old insisted he saw Knox, now 28, and her then boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito, in the apartment when he rushed to investigate Kercher’s screams……..
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time