Meet Paris. She’s a 9-year-old Boxer living in Bodmin, England, with her owner, Fran Hodges. Whenever she goes out for walks, Paris always picks up recyclable materials — mostly plastic bottles and aluminum cans — and carries them to the nearest bin.
Hodges insists she’s never trained Paris to do this. She says her dog has been doing it since she was a puppy and it’s just a part of her. Last month, Hodges set up a Facebook page to document Paris’s recycling missions. Look, here’s Paris being really cute and really environmentally conscious:
As Hodges says, “She just won’t walk past a piece of litter without attempting to pick it up and take it with her for the rest of the journey.”
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time