A mother’s video of her two premature babies holding hands is going viral. Anthea Jackson-Rushford captured footage of her newborn twins Kristiana and Kristian clinging to each other as they lay on their father’s chest hooked up to tubes. The two were born Jan. 4 at 28 weeks and 1 day, and weighed in at “under a kilo,” or 2.2 pounds, each.
“He actually holds her hand,” says a voice off camera. “How is that possible? That’s just unbelievable.”
The touching clip has been viewed more than 8 million times since it was posted on Facebook on Jan. 13. Jackson-Rushford also shared several follow-up pictures of the pair on Jan. 18 with the caption, “As you can clearly see, they can’t stop holding hands!!”
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science