Frey died on Monday in New York City following a “courageous” weeks-long battle with rheumatoid arthritis, acute ulcerative colitis and pneumonia, the Eagles said in a statement on their website.
“The Frey family would like to thank everyone who joined Glenn to fight this fight and hoped and prayed for his recovery,” the statement said. “Words can neither describe our sorrow, nor our love and respect for all that he has given to us, his family, the music community & millions of fans worldwide.”
Frey’s health problems last November forced the Eagles to put off their Kennedy Center Honor until 2016, the Washington Post reported at the time. Frey had a recurrence of “previous intestinal issues, which will require major surgery and a lengthy recovery period,” the band had said in a statement.
Tributes quickly poured in from the music community.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization