The head of the Republican National Committee said he’d rather his party’s presidential nominee face Hillary Clinton in the general election than Bernie Sanders.
“Probably Hillary Clinton, it’s a tough call, but I always like the known commodity,” said Priebus, when asked which Democratic candidate he’s rather run against, said in remarks reported by Buzzfeed.
“Although, I do think the sort of wild, socialistic, liberal Bernie Sanders would be fairly easy to beat as well,” Priebus added.
Whether Priebus truly believes this—or whether he’s baiting his opposition—Ohio Gov. John Kasich does not agree. Speaking at the Republican debate in Charleston, S.C., on Thursday, Kasich said, “We’re going to win every state if Bernie Sanders is the nominee. That’s not even an issue. And I know Bernie. And I can promise you he won’t be president of the United States.”
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space