What do we want? Really, really want? More of Adele singing Spice Girls after the pop star belted out the group’s hit “Wannabe” while driving around with The Late Late Show host James Corden in a segment that aired Wednesday night.
And so does Victoria Beckham, formerly known as “Posh Spice,” who wrote on Instagram Friday morning, “HUGE Adele fan!! This is GENIUS!!! Thank u @adele and @jkcorden #ilovemyspicegirls X posh.”
Adele told Corden, “It was a huge moment in my life when [the Spice Girls] came out…My 10th birthday, there were five of us, and we would be Spice Girls,” adding that she would always dress up as “Ginger Spice” (real name Geri Halliwell).
The dynamic duo sang other hits too, in addition to Adele’s “Hello” and “Rolling in the Deep.” Nicki Minaj also took to Instagram to praise the “Hello” singer’s rendition of her verse in Kanye West’s “Monster”: “Pull thru, QUEEN!!!!! #Adele #Monster the attitude & fingers to match. #Oh #Ok #IcoNIC ❤️ I cried when she waved bye to the careers #Hello #BuhBye”:
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving