“The American people have rejected your agenda, and now you’re trying to go around it. That’s not right. It’s not constitutional. And we are going to kick your rear end out of the White House come this fall,” Christie said, to loud applause.
Christie’s swift dismissal of Obama came in response to a question that compared the gun measures he supported in New Jersey to the President’s current proposals.
“This guy is a petulant child. That’s what he is,” Christie said.
“… Mr. President, we’re not against you. We’re against your policies.”
The moment was the most tweeted moment of the debate, according to data from Twitter.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart