“The American people have rejected your agenda, and now you’re trying to go around it. That’s not right. It’s not constitutional. And we are going to kick your rear end out of the White House come this fall,” Christie said, to loud applause.
Christie’s swift dismissal of Obama came in response to a question that compared the gun measures he supported in New Jersey to the President’s current proposals.
“This guy is a petulant child. That’s what he is,” Christie said.
“… Mr. President, we’re not against you. We’re against your policies.”
The moment was the most tweeted moment of the debate, according to data from Twitter.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer