The Revenant won big at the Golden Globes this past weekend—even without the rap lyric that Tom Hardy wanted so desperately to sneak into the film.
In a recent interview alongside co-star Leonardo DiCaprio, the actor said that during the film’s intense burial scene, he made a reference to a Bobby Shmurda song. Unfortunately, that never made it into the final version of the movie.
“I said, ‘Shut your trap house,’ which never made the cut,” Hardy reminisces. Then he and DiCaprio share a chuckle and pause briefly to contemplate the burdens of being handsome.
The conversation happens around the 2:45 mark:
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate