Video footage from Iranian state TV shows the moment 10 U.S. sailors were detained for being in Iranian waters.
The footage, obtained by CNN, shows the sailors kneeling with their hands held behind their heads, all facing the same direction.
The sailors were released on Wednesday, a day after being taken into Iranian custody—a process experts say was expedited by renewed relations between the U.S. and Iran. “These are always situations which, as everybody here knows, have an ability if not properly guided to get out of control,” Secretary of State John Kerry said on Wednesday, adding, “I think we can all imagine how a similar situation might have played out three or four years ago.”
- The 100 Best Mystery and Thriller Books of All Time
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- What Beyoncé Gave Us
- Congress Avoided a Shutdown. What Happens Next?
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time