There are a few truisms about the gym: Justin Bieber is always blaring, someone forgot to wipe down the elliptical, and the treadmill only goes in one direction. At least one of those gym facts is about to change, though, thanks to the Infinadeck, an omni-directional treadmill that lets users walk in any direction.
MORE: 7 Fitness Trends to Try in 2016
The Infinadeck is the brainchild of George Burger who originally unveiled the newfangled treadmill back in 2014. A reconfigured, slimmed down, and quieter version was given a full CES debut this year. While it’s still in development, people already have big plans for the Infinadeck’s future, including hooking it up to Virtual Reality gaming systems. That could mean that when you are running for your life in Edge of Nowhere on Oculus Rift or battling it out on Project Morpheus’s EVE: Valkyrie, you could actually get a cardio workout. That’s big news for immersive gaming, as well as for people who simply hate to exercise.
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement