There are a few truisms about the gym: Justin Bieber is always blaring, someone forgot to wipe down the elliptical, and the treadmill only goes in one direction. At least one of those gym facts is about to change, though, thanks to the Infinadeck, an omni-directional treadmill that lets users walk in any direction.
The Infinadeck is the brainchild of George Burger who originally unveiled the newfangled treadmill back in 2014. A reconfigured, slimmed down, and quieter version was given a full CES debut this year. While it’s still in development, people already have big plans for the Infinadeck’s future, including hooking it up to Virtual Reality gaming systems. That could mean that when you are running for your life in Edge of Nowhere on Oculus Rift or battling it out on Project Morpheus’s EVE: Valkyrie, you could actually get a cardio workout. That’s big news for immersive gaming, as well as for people who simply hate to exercise.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com