David Bowie, the genre-defying musical legend who died unexpectedly Sunday, had a long list of accomplishments from albums to acting roles. As it turns out, he was pretty great at designing ridiculously cool cars, too.
Back in 1999, London’s Design Museum marked the 40th anniversary of the iconically British Mini with a celebrity design contest. Among the entrants was Bowie, who designed the above mirror-plated Mini. It’s so perfectly easy to imagine The Thin White Duke rolling up to a concert in this, twisting and contorting to secure his escape.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- All of the Other Major Investigations Into Donald Trump
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement