Vice President Joe Biden believes Donald Trump could become the next U.S. president.
“Yes, I think it’s possible,” Biden said in an interview on the TODAY show on Tuesday morning when asked whether he thought Trump could be elected.
Trump remains the Republican frontrunner less than three weeks away from the Iowa caucus.
“I hope that if that were to occur — I hope it doesn’t because I have fundamentally different views than he does — I hope that he gets a lot more serious about the issues, a lot more serious about gaining knowledge about how this nation functions and foreign policy and domestic policy, but look, that’s a long way off,” Biden said.
In the interview, Biden discussed his political career and his decision not to run for president. He said last week that he regrets not joining the race, though he thinks it was the right choice for his family.
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up