Newly released video of Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman‘s capture shows the raid that helped police track down the infamous drug kingpin.
El Chapo had been on the lam for months after escaping from a Mexican prison in July 2015. The above video, first aired on the Mexican television network Televisa, reportedly shows the Mexican Navy raiding the drug lord’s hideout. Police say El Chapo was able to escape in the ensuing shootout but was eventually captured on a highway.
In an interview El Chapo did with actor Sean Penn for Rolling Stone before he was captured, the cartel leader said, “I supply more heroin, methamphetamine, cocaine and marijuana than anybody else in the world. I have a fleet of submarines, airplanes, trucks and boats.”
The raid on El Chapo’s hideout was reportedly codenamed Operation “Cisne Negro” or black swan.
- Amanda Gorman on the Greatest Lesson She’s Learned This Year
- What Actually Worries U.S. Doctors About Omicron
- Reuniting Families Separated Under Trump Is Expensive. Should the U.S. Government Pay?
- The 10 Best Movies of 2021
- America's Foster Care System Is a Dangerous Place for Trans Teens. Now They're Fighting for Change
- Stressed About Going Back to the Office? Here Are 8 Ways to Make It Easier
- What to Know About Digital World, the Company Funding Trump's New Social Media Platform 'TRUTH Social'