Newly released video of Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman‘s capture shows the raid that helped police track down the infamous drug kingpin.
El Chapo had been on the lam for months after escaping from a Mexican prison in July 2015. The above video, first aired on the Mexican television network Televisa, reportedly shows the Mexican Navy raiding the drug lord’s hideout. Police say El Chapo was able to escape in the ensuing shootout but was eventually captured on a highway.
In an interview El Chapo did with actor Sean Penn for Rolling Stone before he was captured, the cartel leader said, “I supply more heroin, methamphetamine, cocaine and marijuana than anybody else in the world. I have a fleet of submarines, airplanes, trucks and boats.”
The raid on El Chapo’s hideout was reportedly codenamed Operation “Cisne Negro” or black swan.
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up