Tesla is two years away from building fully autonomous cars, CEO Elon Musk told Fortune in an interview.
“I think we have all the pieces, and it’s just about refining those pieces, putting them in place, and making sure they work across a huge number of environments—and then we’re done,” said Musk.
Tesla’s high-end, all-electric vehicles have been getting new semi-autonomous features thanks to software upgrades delivered over the Internet. These abilities, like automatically staying in a highway lane at a safe distance from traffic ahead, are just a hint of what’s to come for Tesla and other automakers.
For the rest of Musk’s interview, head over to Fortune.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com