While presenting the award for Best Actor in a TV Drama at the Golden Globes Sunday night, Eva Longoria and America Ferrera decided to have a little fun with the fact that people consistently, repeatedly, mix them up with other Latina actresses.
Longoria introduced herself as “Not Eva Mendes,” and Ferrera introduced herself as “Not Gina Rodriguez.” “Neither one of us are Rosario Dawson,” Longoria added.
The joke, most directly, was on the Golden Globes itself—or whoever runs its Twitter account—who, during the presentation of nominees back in December, referred to Ferrera, star of Ugly Betty and the new show Superstore, as Rodriguez, star of Jane the Virgin.
“Thank you, Salma,” Longoria said to Ferrera before announcing Jon Hamm as the winner. “You’re welcome, Charo,” responded Ferrera.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears