(ALMOLOYA DE JUAREZ, Mexico) — Mexican authorities want to speak with U.S. actor Sean Penn and Latin television star Kate del Castillo, a Mexican law enforcement official told NBC News Sunday.
The revelation came a day after Rolling Stone published a secret interview that Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman apparently gave to Penn while on the run.
The official also said that investigators were able to learn details about Guzman’s whereabouts by intercepting phone conversations between Penn, Del Castillo and the drug lord.
The apparent interview between the actors and Guzman took place in October, and Guzman was recaptured Friday during an operation in the northwestern Mexican town of Los Mochis.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This