(ALMOLOYA DE JUAREZ, Mexico) — Mexican authorities want to speak with U.S. actor Sean Penn and Latin television star Kate del Castillo, a Mexican law enforcement official told NBC News Sunday.
The revelation came a day after Rolling Stone published a secret interview that Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman apparently gave to Penn while on the run.
The official also said that investigators were able to learn details about Guzman’s whereabouts by intercepting phone conversations between Penn, Del Castillo and the drug lord.
The apparent interview between the actors and Guzman took place in October, and Guzman was recaptured Friday during an operation in the northwestern Mexican town of Los Mochis.
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up