Correction appended, Jan. 7
You can now visit the famed Puppy Bowl stadium in virtual reality, bringing adorable animal sports into the future.
Before the annual Puppy Bowl — the fluffiest event to air alongside the Super Bowl — Animal Planet has released four videos through the Discovery VR website and app. The footage can pair with virtual reality goggles to give puppy enthusiasts anywhere a close-up experience with the canine athletes.
Viewers can enter the Puppy Bowl stadium and watch three puppies play tug of war. In the highlight reel, they can experience a cascade of dog toys flying towards them in slow-motion, drawing a pack of puppies in its wake. With VR technology utilized for this critical purpose, the potential for puppy viewing enjoyment seem limitless.
Animal Planet coordinated with 44 different animal shelters across 25 states to build the line-up for this year’s Puppy Bowl XII.
Correction: The original version of this story misstated the edition of this year’s Puppy Bowl. It is Puppy Bowl XII.
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- Why You Can't Remember That Taylor Swift Concert All Too Well
- What to Know About the History of the Debt Ceiling
- 10 Questions the Succession Finale Needs to Answer
- How Four Trans Teens Threw the Prom of Their Dreams
- Why Turkey’s Longtime Leader Is an Electoral Powerhouse
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- Why Rich People Aren't Using Phone Cases