Correction appended, Jan. 7
You can now visit the famed Puppy Bowl stadium in virtual reality, bringing adorable animal sports into the future.
Before the annual Puppy Bowl — the fluffiest event to air alongside the Super Bowl — Animal Planet has released four videos through the Discovery VR website and app. The footage can pair with virtual reality goggles to give puppy enthusiasts anywhere a close-up experience with the canine athletes.
Viewers can enter the Puppy Bowl stadium and watch three puppies play tug of war. In the highlight reel, they can experience a cascade of dog toys flying towards them in slow-motion, drawing a pack of puppies in its wake. With VR technology utilized for this critical purpose, the potential for puppy viewing enjoyment seem limitless.
Animal Planet coordinated with 44 different animal shelters across 25 states to build the line-up for this year’s Puppy Bowl XII.
Correction: The original version of this story misstated the edition of this year’s Puppy Bowl. It is Puppy Bowl XII.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow