Channing Tatum donned a Princess Elsa costume to perform “Let It Go” on Spike TV’s Lip Sync Battle.
Celine Dion covered Adele’s smash hit “Hello” to rave reviews.
Pixar revealed two new characters from its forthcoming Finding Nemo sequel, Finding Dory.
Destiny the whale shark (voiced by Kaitlin Olson)
Bailey the beluga whale (voiced by Ty Burrell)
For the first time, the Library of Congress chose a graphic novelist to be the 2016 national ambassador for young people’s literature: American Born Chinese scribe Gene Luen Yang (illustrated at left).
Will Smith’s 17-year-old son Jaden modeled Louis Vuitton women’s wear for a campaign.
Time’s weekly take on what popped in culture
Kellogg Co. has started selling hot-dog-flavored Pringles at select Walgreens stores.
George R.R. Martin revealed that the next A Song of Ice and Fire book won’t be out before the Game of Thrones Season 6 premiere, despite his earlier promise.
A Buffalo Bills fan set himself on fire after jumping through a burning table at a tailgate.
Instagram’s newest celebrity is @BreadFaceBlog, a woman who smashes her face into bread.
‘I sold them to the white slavers.’
George Lucas, on the deal he made to sell Star Wars rights to Disney. He later apologized for the comment, calling his analogy “inappropriate” and saying he has “great respect for the company.”
Britney Spears got stuck in a prop tree during one of her Las Vegas shows.
This appears in the January 18, 2016 issue of TIME.
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023