Netflix has released the first trailer for The Crown, its mammoth series about the British royal family under the reign of Queen Elizabeth II.
The series — on which Netflix spent an unprecedented $156 million — will comprise six 10-episode seasons, each spanning a decade of Elizabeth’s rule. The first, teased in the four-minute trailer released on Wednesday, will treat the tumultuous politics of the years following the end World War II. Claire Foy, who was Anne Boleyn in the BBC miniseries Wolf Hall, will play the young queen; John Lithgow will play Prime Minister Winston Churchill.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears