Netflix has released the first trailer for The Crown, its mammoth series about the British royal family under the reign of Queen Elizabeth II.
The series — on which Netflix spent an unprecedented $156 million — will comprise six 10-episode seasons, each spanning a decade of Elizabeth’s rule. The first, teased in the four-minute trailer released on Wednesday, will treat the tumultuous politics of the years following the end World War II. Claire Foy, who was Anne Boleyn in the BBC miniseries Wolf Hall, will play the young queen; John Lithgow will play Prime Minister Winston Churchill.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time