Netflix has released the first trailer for The Crown, its mammoth series about the British royal family under the reign of Queen Elizabeth II.
The series — on which Netflix spent an unprecedented $156 million — will comprise six 10-episode seasons, each spanning a decade of Elizabeth’s rule. The first, teased in the four-minute trailer released on Wednesday, will treat the tumultuous politics of the years following the end World War II. Claire Foy, who was Anne Boleyn in the BBC miniseries Wolf Hall, will play the young queen; John Lithgow will play Prime Minister Winston Churchill.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer