In the early hours of Jan. 6, seismic activity was recorded deep within North Korea. Just two hours later, the hermit kingdom announced through its state media, the Korean Central News Agency, that it had conducted a “perfect” H-bomb nuclear test. Watch the video above to see a newscaster make the announcement.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science