Country singer Craig Strickland of the band Backroad Anthem was found dead Monday after being reported missing last week. His band Backroad Anthem made a statement after learning of his death and posted a note to fans via Facebook:
“Today we lost our brother, our best friend, our bandmate,” the band wrote. “Craig was the most amazing person whose passion for life couldn’t be matched. Thankful to know he fought his way from the water to a hill and was lying in the shape of a cross on his back looking up to his Heavenly Father.”
Strickland and his friend Craig Morland set out on a duck-hunting trip last week in the midst of winter storm Goliath, and Morland’s body was found Dec. 28 with the pair’s capsized boat. But Strickland was still missing until his death was confirmed Monday.
Strickland’s wife, Helen Strickland, also posted a note to fans after she was notified of his death.
“The night of the accident he had fought his way out of the water and up a hill before the stages of hypothermia set in,” she wrote via Instagram. “He experienced no pain in his final moments and simply felt like he was falling asleep. They found him lying in the shape of a cross looking up to his Father. Thank you to every single person who prayed for him and our family during this time. There was not a more peaceful way for him to go into the arms of our Lord, and I know your prayers had a role in making that happen. I know he saw Jesus at that moment when he laid down and walked arm in arm with Him into a better Everlasting Life.”
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World