A new photo shows construction of a new statue of Mao Zedong in China’s Tongxu County on Monday, depicting a grand scale project that appears to be nearly at completion.
The statue reportedly measures 120 feet (36.6 meters) in height and is located in Zhushigang village. It commemorates the Chinese Marxist who was the longtime leader of the country’s communist party, serving as chairman both of the People’s Republic of China and the Communist Party of China. Mao, who died in 1976, is already commemorated in thousands of statues around the country.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears