Country music singer Craig Strickland has been found dead after he went missing over a week ago during a hunting trip.
The body of the 27-year-old Backroad Anthem frontman was found on Monday, an official for the Oklahoma Highway Patrol told E! Online, although it’s unclear where it was recovered.
Strickland disappeared on Dec. 26 during a violent storm that also killed his 22-year-old hunting partner, Chase Morland, near Kaw Lake near Ponca City in northern Oklahoma.
Several hours before the singer’s body was found, Strickland’s wife, Helen, had posted on social media her optimism about finding him. She earlier told 40/90 News on Saturday that she had doubts her husband was alive but was still seeking closure.
Strickland’s wife and band have not yet publicly commented on the news.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science