Louis Vuitton is bending gender roles in its latest womenswear ad campaign by featuring Jaden Smith in a skirt.
Louis Vuitton creative director Nicolas Ghesquière shared an image from the fashion house’s latest campaign for spring/summer 2016 on Instagram Sunday. In it, Smith poses alongside three female models, wearing a leather motorcycle-style jacket over a fringe top and a pleated skirt.
Actor and trans rights activist Laverne Cox praised the campaign via Instagram on Monday, using the tags #genderfluidity and #nobinary.
Out Magazine points out this isn’t the first time Smith, a 17-year-old actor and artist, has bucked gender stereotypes with his dress. When Smith went to prom with actor Amandla Stenberg, he donned a white skirt under his tuxedo jacket.
- The 100 Best Mystery and Thriller Books of All Time
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- What Beyoncé Gave Us
- Congress Avoided a Shutdown. What Happens Next?
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time