Louis Vuitton is bending gender roles in its latest womenswear ad campaign by featuring Jaden Smith in a skirt.
Louis Vuitton creative director Nicolas Ghesquière shared an image from the fashion house’s latest campaign for spring/summer 2016 on Instagram Sunday. In it, Smith poses alongside three female models, wearing a leather motorcycle-style jacket over a fringe top and a pleated skirt.
Actor and trans rights activist Laverne Cox praised the campaign via Instagram on Monday, using the tags #genderfluidity and #nobinary.
Out Magazine points out this isn’t the first time Smith, a 17-year-old actor and artist, has bucked gender stereotypes with his dress. When Smith went to prom with actor Amandla Stenberg, he donned a white skirt under his tuxedo jacket.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time