Louis Vuitton is bending gender roles in its latest womenswear ad campaign by featuring Jaden Smith in a skirt.
Louis Vuitton creative director Nicolas Ghesquière shared an image from the fashion house’s latest campaign for spring/summer 2016 on Instagram Sunday. In it, Smith poses alongside three female models, wearing a leather motorcycle-style jacket over a fringe top and a pleated skirt.
Actor and trans rights activist Laverne Cox praised the campaign via Instagram on Monday, using the tags #genderfluidity and #nobinary.
Out Magazine points out this isn’t the first time Smith, a 17-year-old actor and artist, has bucked gender stereotypes with his dress. When Smith went to prom with actor Amandla Stenberg, he donned a white skirt under his tuxedo jacket.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow