Louis Vuitton is bending gender roles in its latest womenswear ad campaign by featuring Jaden Smith in a skirt.
Louis Vuitton creative director Nicolas Ghesquière shared an image from the fashion house’s latest campaign for spring/summer 2016 on Instagram Sunday. In it, Smith poses alongside three female models, wearing a leather motorcycle-style jacket over a fringe top and a pleated skirt.
Actor and trans rights activist Laverne Cox praised the campaign via Instagram on Monday, using the tags #genderfluidity and #nobinary.
Out Magazine points out this isn’t the first time Smith, a 17-year-old actor and artist, has bucked gender stereotypes with his dress. When Smith went to prom with actor Amandla Stenberg, he donned a white skirt under his tuxedo jacket.
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- How Safe Is India's Railway Network?
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk