Louis Vuitton is bending gender roles in its latest womenswear ad campaign by featuring Jaden Smith in a skirt.
Louis Vuitton creative director Nicolas Ghesquière shared an image from the fashion house’s latest campaign for spring/summer 2016 on Instagram Sunday. In it, Smith poses alongside three female models, wearing a leather motorcycle-style jacket over a fringe top and a pleated skirt.
Actor and trans rights activist Laverne Cox praised the campaign via Instagram on Monday, using the tags #genderfluidity and #nobinary.
Out Magazine points out this isn’t the first time Smith, a 17-year-old actor and artist, has bucked gender stereotypes with his dress. When Smith went to prom with actor Amandla Stenberg, he donned a white skirt under his tuxedo jacket.
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up