Everyone, meet Watermelon Boy. Watermelon Boy, everyone.
Watermelon Boy, you see, is a kid who was attending a cricket match in Melbourne, Australia, Saturday, when he was filmed in the stands consuming an entire watermelon, rind and all.
The game’s commentators were understandably puzzled and riveted: “That’s… I’ve never seen that before in my life,” one commentator said; the other added, “That is unbelievable.”
Turns out Watermelon Boy has celebrity blood: he’s the son of Melbourne’s SEN 1116 radio host and sports reporter Tony Schibeci, who revealed the Boy’s identity to all the world Saturday.
The kid made some decent progress by the end of the game as well.
Enjoy your time in the spotlight, Watermelon Boy: It’s a whole new week of content starting Monday and the cycle moves pretty quickly. Maybe they’ll be a new cat or a kid saying “apparently” soon or something.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- How a Government Shutdown Could Affect You
- The Threat to Louisiana's Drinking Water
- Colleges Get Creative to Boost Mental Health
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time