Everyone, meet Watermelon Boy. Watermelon Boy, everyone.
Watermelon Boy, you see, is a kid who was attending a cricket match in Melbourne, Australia, Saturday, when he was filmed in the stands consuming an entire watermelon, rind and all.
The game’s commentators were understandably puzzled and riveted: “That’s… I’ve never seen that before in my life,” one commentator said; the other added, “That is unbelievable.”
Turns out Watermelon Boy has celebrity blood: he’s the son of Melbourne’s SEN 1116 radio host and sports reporter Tony Schibeci, who revealed the Boy’s identity to all the world Saturday.
The kid made some decent progress by the end of the game as well.
Enjoy your time in the spotlight, Watermelon Boy: It’s a whole new week of content starting Monday and the cycle moves pretty quickly. Maybe they’ll be a new cat or a kid saying “apparently” soon or something.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science