The medical marijuana company Vireo Health in New York has received kosher certification.
Vireo’s vaporization cartridges, oils and capsules will be dispensed with a stamp of approval from Orthodox Union, the Times Union reports.
“Today’s [Wednesday’s] announcement sends a really powerful message to people of all faiths and backgrounds that using medical cannabis for the purposes of alleviating pain and suffering in no way, shape or form represents an embrace of pot culture,” said Ari Hoffnung, Vireo’s CEO.
Vireo’s sales will begin in January 2016.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space