2015 was a news-filled year: the U.S. saw the rise of Donald Trump and the legalization of gay marriage, while the world reckoned with the Syrian refugee crisis and the Paris terror attacks. But, according to CrowdTangle, none of those big issues made it into the top Facebook posts of the year.
Instead, people on Facebook interacted most with links about lifestyle hacks, celebrities, friendship and parenting.
The top post of the year was an image of a child holding up a sign that says, “Can I get 1 million likes? I beat cancer.” The post surged past that and got more than 10 million likes, with thousands of shares and comments.
Vin Diesel clocks in at No. 5 and No. 7 on the list, sharing photos of himself with a baby and a dog, respectively. And at No. 6, Facebook users flocked to a video with a recipe for a baked apple dessert.
See the full list at CrowdTangle.com
- In Photos: How Wildfire Smoke Impacted Cities
- How Antitrust Laws Could Kill the PGA-LIV Golf Merger
- Teens Are Taking Wegovy for Weight Loss
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best TV Shows of 2023 So Far
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk