The 15-second clip starts with news coverage of the recent terrorist attack in San Bernardino, Calif. The couple that carried out the attack is believed to have pledged allegiance to ISIS terrorists. Images of passports being scanned and details of their bloody rampage flash across the screen before the ad fades to black. President Obama, the ad says, is busy with another war.
It then cuts to the end of President Obama’s end-of-year news conference, held on Dec. 18. “Ok, everybody, I gotta get to Star Wars,” Obama is seen saying. That Friday, the First Lady greeted visitors for a special screening of Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
Watch the full ad below.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- How Tech Giants Turned Ukraine Into an AI War Lab
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org