The 15-second clip starts with news coverage of the recent terrorist attack in San Bernardino, Calif. The couple that carried out the attack is believed to have pledged allegiance to ISIS terrorists. Images of passports being scanned and details of their bloody rampage flash across the screen before the ad fades to black. President Obama, the ad says, is busy with another war.
It then cuts to the end of President Obama’s end-of-year news conference, held on Dec. 18. “Ok, everybody, I gotta get to Star Wars,” Obama is seen saying. That Friday, the First Lady greeted visitors for a special screening of Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
Watch the full ad below.
- Workers Are Furious. Their Unions Are Scrambling to Catch Up
- What the Facebook Whistleblower Did to the Company's Stock in 6 Weeks
- Photos from Migrants' Desperate Journeys to the U.S. Border
- Emily Ratajkowski: How I Learned to Let Go
- Afghanistan's Female Students Were Banned from Studying. Now Some Are Finding New Ways to Learn
- The 'Safe Supply' Movement Aims to Curb Drug Deaths Linked to the Opioid Crisis
- The 19 Most Underrated Movies on Netflix
- By Ending Legacy Admissions, Amherst Hopes to Change the Makeup of Its Student Body