Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump shared a new ad on Facebook and Instagram this week that claims President Obama prioritizes Star Wars over the war on ISIS.
The 15-second clip starts with news coverage of the recent terrorist attack in San Bernardino, Calif. The couple that carried out the attack is believed to have pledged allegiance to ISIS terrorists. Images of passports being scanned and details of their bloody rampage flash across the screen before the ad fades to black. President Obama, the ad says, is busy with another war.
It then cuts to the end of President Obama’s end-of-year news conference, held on Dec. 18. “Ok, everybody, I gotta get to Star Wars,” Obama is seen saying. That Friday, the First Lady greeted visitors for a special screening of Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
Watch the full ad below.
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- Matthew Macfadyen on Succession Series Finale
- How Worried Should the World Be of China's New COVID Wave?
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction