ISIS’s leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi recently called on Muslims around the world to “join the fight,” but social media users have been quick to offer their reasons for staying at home.
A writer and human rights activist named Iyad El-Baghdadi translated ISIS’s call to arms into English on Twitter, where the snarky responses have been rolling in. One of the most popular excuses? Too much can’t-miss TV and film, like the newly released Star Wars: The Force Awakens and the upcoming Sherlock special.
Another popular distraction: video games.
Even podcasts got some love:
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve