Oprah Winfrey’s new Weight Watchers commercial is creating an emotional outpouring online. In the ad — Winfrey’s first since announcing her involvement with the company back in October — the 61-year-old media mogul talks candidly about her struggle with weight loss.
“Inside every overweight woman is a woman she knows she can be. Many times you look in the mirror and you don’t even recognize your own self because you got lost, buried in the weight that you carry,” she says. “Nothing you’ve ever been through is wasted. So every time I tried and failed, every time I tried again, and every time I tried again, has brought me to this most powerful moment to say, ‘If not now, when?’”
After the commercial debuted on Christmas Eve, many people took to Twitter to express their feelings about it.
Some said they were moved to tears.
We only wish we could motivate ourselves half as well as Oprah does.
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- How Safe Is India's Railway Network?
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk