Royael showed up on the last day before Christmas break to share his knowledge with Moy’s young students, but he also had an ulterior motive, according to the FDNY’s Frank Dwyer. “At the end of the lesson, he asked the kids if they wanted to see their teacher put on his bunker gear,” Dwyer told Gothamist. “They said ‘yes!’ and you see how the rest plays out.”
During the caught-on-camera proposal, Moy finds a mysterious box hidden in one of the gloves of the fire suit. When she pulls it out, Royael gets down on one knee and pops the question, much to to the delight of the entire classroom.
Watch the full video above.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time