“I’m a big fan,” said Jordan, who was not in attendance Monday night at The Time Warner Cable Arena. “I still love watching you play.”
In the video, Jordan also calls Bryant a “big help to the game of basketball,” and refers to him as a little brother.
“We are very proud of what you have accomplished over the years,” Jordan added. “Have a great game. But not too good”
Jordan, who is now the owner of the Charlotte Hornets, played against Bryant in the latter part of his illustrious NBA career.
Bryant, 37, is set to retire at the end of the 2015–16 season.
See Jordan’s message to Bryant above.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow