Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos wants his company’s film studio to win an Academy Award.
In an interview with Die Welt, Bezos revealed his high ambitions for Amazon Studios, which has produced high profile series such as five-time Emmy winning Transparent and The Man in the High Castle.
“We want to win an Oscar,” Bezos told Die Welt. “Amazon has already won Golden Globes and Emmys. Our current target is to produce 16 home movies a year.”
Bezos also said he wants Amazon to offer greater creative freedom to filmmakers. “I want to offer masters like Spike Lee or Woody Allen a new platform,” he told Die Welt.
He added that he is interested in streaming live sports events such as the World Cup. “It is not impossible,” Bezos said. “Sport is an interesting area.”
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time