Donald Trump used strong language Monday to describe Hillary Clinton’s bathroom break at Saturday’s Democratic presidential debate.
At a rally in Michigan Monday, the Republican presidential candidate recounted Clinton’s trip to the restroom, which caused her to be late back to the debate stage after a commercial break, according to the Washington Post.
“I know where she went — it’s disgusting, I don’t want to talk about it,” Trump said. “No, it’s too disgusting. Don’t say it, it’s disgusting.”
The women’s bathroom at the debate at Saint Anselm College Saturday was farther from the stage than the men’s room and occupied by a top staffer for rival candidate Martin O’Malley when Clinton arrived, according to an account in the Boston Globe.
Moderators began without her, prompting one of the weirder moments in a 2016 debate so far.
Trump went on to criticize Clinton for losing the Democratic primary in 2008, using a vulgar word for penis from the 1960s in a novel way.
“She was favored to win, and she got schlonged,” he said.
At the debate, Clinton had harsh words for Trump—the only Republican candidate named by any of the Democrats that night. She said his “bluster and bigotry” about Muslims are making him “ISIS’ best recruiter.”
“They are going out people showing videos of Donald Trump insulting Islam and Muslims in order to recruit more radical jihadists,” she said.
The Pulitzer-winning website PolitiFact rated that claim false.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.