Donald Trump used strong language Monday to describe Hillary Clinton’s bathroom break at Saturday’s Democratic presidential debate.
At a rally in Michigan Monday, the Republican presidential candidate recounted Clinton’s trip to the restroom, which caused her to be late back to the debate stage after a commercial break, according to the Washington Post.
“I know where she went — it’s disgusting, I don’t want to talk about it,” Trump said. “No, it’s too disgusting. Don’t say it, it’s disgusting.”
The women’s bathroom at the debate at Saint Anselm College Saturday was farther from the stage than the men’s room and occupied by a top staffer for rival candidate Martin O’Malley when Clinton arrived, according to an account in the Boston Globe.
Moderators began without her, prompting one of the weirder moments in a 2016 debate so far.
Trump went on to criticize Clinton for losing the Democratic primary in 2008, using a vulgar word for penis from the 1960s in a novel way.
“She was favored to win, and she got schlonged,” he said.
At the debate, Clinton had harsh words for Trump—the only Republican candidate named by any of the Democrats that night. She said his “bluster and bigotry” about Muslims are making him “ISIS’ best recruiter.”
“They are going out people showing videos of Donald Trump insulting Islam and Muslims in order to recruit more radical jihadists,” she said.
The Pulitzer-winning website PolitiFact rated that claim false.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart