Correction appended, Dec. 22
People are really, really curious about Kim Kardashian and Lionel Messi. The Keeping Up with the Kardashians reality TV star and the Argentine soccer player each earned the distinction of being the most-searched person in 26 different countries in 2015, tying for first place in a ranking Google provided to TIME. Kardashian was the most-searched person everywhere from France to New Zealand to the U.S., while Messi topped the list in Cuba, Chad, the Congo and more.
Kardashian and Messi were followed close behind by another star soccer player, Cristiano Ronaldo, who took the top spot in 21 nations, while pop stars Nicki Minaj and Rihanna finished with 13 and 11 countries, respectively, allowing them to claim the next two highest spots on the list.
Check out our interactive map below to see the results:
Correction: The original version of this story included an incorrect photo for Salman Khan. The photo has been updated.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Megan McCluskey at firstname.lastname@example.org