[The following text appears within a diagram. Please see your hard copy for actual diagram.]
Jon Snow is alive–maybe
Marketing for Game of Thrones suggests that Jon Snow may still be alive in Season 6, out in April. But it’s hard to imagine surviving that many stab wounds, so his fate might not be what viewers hope.
Rio de Janeiro is already the third most congested city in the world when it comes to traffic, and it’s likely to get even worse during the 2016 Olympics.
The singer said she may allow 25 onto subscription streaming services, which could cause an Internet outage when everyone tries to listen at once.
New summer temperature records
2014 and 2015 were the hottest years on record. It’s safe to assume 2016 will be a scorcher.
The stock market won’t soar
Analysts say the stock market is unlikely to make a major comeback in 2016. Looks like another meh year for investors.
Bernie Sanders gets an HBO talk show
The Democratic socialist’s rants would make John Oliver look sleepy by comparison.
Kim Kardashian West quits social media for Saint
The reality star would shock the world by parenting her baby boy in private.
After targeting former Presidents Woodrow Wilson and Thomas Jefferson for their racist views, activists could take aim at slave-owning George Washington.
Google buys Twitter
The Circle will be one step closer to reality if this real-world rumor comes to pass.
The Pacific Northwest crumbles
Large swaths of the bucolic region sit on a fault line, making it very likely that the home of Portlandia and Starbucks will experience a massive earthquake in the next 50 years.
This appears in the December 28, 2015 issue of TIME.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart