British actress Noma Dumezweni has been chosen to play Hermione Granger in the West End theater production of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, joining co-stars Paul Thornley as Ron Weasley and Jamie Parker as Harry Potter, BuzzFeed reports.
The play’s leads boast extensive theater backgrounds. Dumezweni has starred in more than a dozen London productions and is the winner of a Laurence Olivier Award, while Parker was in the original cast of The History Boys. Thornley has performed in stage productions It’s a Wonderful Life and South Pacific, among others, but it perhaps best known for his appearance in the 2012 movie Les Miserables.
In the latest production—based on a story by Rowling and written by Jack Thorne—Harry, Hermione and Ron are adults working at the Ministry of Magic. The play will be directed by John Tiffany and will debut at the Palace Theatre London in July 2016.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time