British actress Noma Dumezweni has been chosen to play Hermione Granger in the West End theater production of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, joining co-stars Paul Thornley as Ron Weasley and Jamie Parker as Harry Potter, BuzzFeed reports.
The play’s leads boast extensive theater backgrounds. Dumezweni has starred in more than a dozen London productions and is the winner of a Laurence Olivier Award, while Parker was in the original cast of The History Boys. Thornley has performed in stage productions It’s a Wonderful Life and South Pacific, among others, but it perhaps best known for his appearance in the 2012 movie Les Miserables.
In the latest production—based on a story by Rowling and written by Jack Thorne—Harry, Hermione and Ron are adults working at the Ministry of Magic. The play will be directed by John Tiffany and will debut at the Palace Theatre London in July 2016.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow