The moderators at the Democratic debate didn’t wait for Hillary Clinton to return from backstage after the first commercial break.
Her center stage podium remained empty while the ABC moderators began asking Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders about economic inequality. Several seconds after the broadcast began again, Clinton strode out onto the stage. Walking calmly to her podium, she leaned in and said, “Sorry,” to laughter and cheers from the audience.
Read More: Democrats Clash at Final Debate of 2015
This isn’t the first time the former Secretary of State has been fashionably late to the stage after a break at a debate. During the first Democratic debate in Las Vegas in October, Clinton joked to moderator Anderson Cooper after a bathroom break, “You know, it does take me a little longer. That’s all I can say.”
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement