Need help coming up with a New Year’s resolution? Google compiled a list of popular aspirational searches that have trended in the past to inspire you.
The search engine plucked out the 10 “how-to” questions that spiked the most in the U.S. after looking at searches conducted the week before and the week after New Year’s Day 2015.
The results are funny, but not terribly surprising. People who vowed to eat healthier must be the ones looking for ways to cook kale and lentils, while those seeking new chapters in their lives are searching for advice on how to write letters of resignation.
And the person who wants to know “how to crochet a beanie” obviously picked up a new hobby over the holidays.
Some day, we’re sure Google will be able to tell us how many of these resolutions got kept, but in the end, it’s the thought that counts, right?
1. how to get rid of stress
2. how to make kale chips
3. how much water should i drink to lose weight
4. how to write a resignation letter
5. how to cook lentils
6. how to cook cabbage
7. how to write a letter of recommendation
8. how to cook collard greens
9. how to steam broccoli
10. how to crochet a beanie
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror