Need help coming up with a New Year’s resolution? Google compiled a list of popular aspirational searches that have trended in the past to inspire you.
The search engine plucked out the 10 “how-to” questions that spiked the most in the U.S. after looking at searches conducted the week before and the week after New Year’s Day 2015.
The results are funny, but not terribly surprising. People who vowed to eat healthier must be the ones looking for ways to cook kale and lentils, while those seeking new chapters in their lives are searching for advice on how to write letters of resignation.
And the person who wants to know “how to crochet a beanie” obviously picked up a new hobby over the holidays.
Some day, we’re sure Google will be able to tell us how many of these resolutions got kept, but in the end, it’s the thought that counts, right?
1. how to get rid of stress
2. how to make kale chips
3. how much water should i drink to lose weight
4. how to write a resignation letter
5. how to cook lentils
6. how to cook cabbage
7. how to write a letter of recommendation
8. how to cook collard greens
9. how to steam broccoli
10. how to crochet a beanie
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This