Need help coming up with a New Year’s resolution? Google compiled a list of popular aspirational searches that have trended in the past to inspire you.
The search engine plucked out the 10 “how-to” questions that spiked the most in the U.S. after looking at searches conducted the week before and the week after New Year’s Day 2015.
The results are funny, but not terribly surprising. People who vowed to eat healthier must be the ones looking for ways to cook kale and lentils, while those seeking new chapters in their lives are searching for advice on how to write letters of resignation.
And the person who wants to know “how to crochet a beanie” obviously picked up a new hobby over the holidays.
Some day, we’re sure Google will be able to tell us how many of these resolutions got kept, but in the end, it’s the thought that counts, right?
1. how to get rid of stress
2. how to make kale chips
3. how much water should i drink to lose weight
4. how to write a resignation letter
5. how to cook lentils
6. how to cook cabbage
7. how to write a letter of recommendation
8. how to cook collard greens
9. how to steam broccoli
10. how to crochet a beanie
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Olivia B. Waxman at email@example.com