Russian President Vladimir Putin says that he could envision Russia welcoming relations with a U.S. led by Donald Trump.
During his annual year-end press conference on Thursday, Putin called Trump the “absolute leader in the presidential race,” the Washington Post reports.
“He’s saying he wants to go to another level of relations, closer, deeper relations with Russia,” Putin continued. “How can we not welcome that? Of course we welcome that.”
Putin also said Trump is “a very lively man, talented without doubt,” but added that Russia would work with “whomever the American voters choose.” Trump has previously said he would “get along very well” with the Russian president.
- Amanda Gorman on the Greatest Lesson She’s Learned This Year
- What Actually Worries U.S. Doctors About Omicron
- Reuniting Families Separated Under Trump Is Expensive. Should the U.S. Government Pay?
- The 10 Best Movies of 2021
- America's Foster Care System Is a Dangerous Place for Trans Teens. Now They're Fighting for Change
- Stressed About Going Back to the Office? Here Are 8 Ways to Make It Easier
- What to Know About Digital World, the Company Funding Trump's New Social Media Platform 'TRUTH Social'