Kate McKinnon may have made a name for herself impersonating Hillary Clinton on Saturday Night Live—and, more recently, TIME’s Person of the Year Angela Merkel—but today she debuts a new role: Jillian Holtzmann in the forthcoming Ghostbusters reboot. In her first character poster for the movie, premiering exclusively at TIME, McKinnon sports a polished chrome proton pack, some serious goggles and a stone-cold ghostbusting mug.
The Ghostbusters movie, due out July 15, 2016, and directed by Paul Feig of Bridesmaids and Spy fame, breathes new life into the 1984 classic that just this week was named to the National Film Registry. McKinnon’s Holtzmann, Feig tells TIME, is a “nuclear engineer, munitions expert, proton wrangler.”
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022