Seeing as Oscar Isaac got his big break playing a singer-songwriter in Inside Llewyn Davis, it’s no surprise that he has some musical talent. During an interview with GQ for the magazine’s January cover story, the The Force Awakens actor showed off his rhythmic chops by playing an acoustic cover of Bill Murray’s iconic Star Wars theme song.
Murray originally performed the tune during a “Nick the Lounge-Singer” sketch in season three of Saturday Night Live. Nick was one of Murray’s signature recurring characters during his run on the weekly late night show. Here’s the original SNL scene:
See Isaac’s full take on the song above.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow