Amazon U.K. has asked customers who purchased certain hoverboards to throw away their products at recycling centers and expect a full refund.
The products in question seem to have non-compliant U.K. plugs that may not function correctly when charging, making it possible for them to explode or catch fire, BBC reports. Amazon has reportedly stopped selling the models in question.
Hoverboards have been popular among holiday shoppers, but not among regulators. Nearly every major U.S. airline has prohibited bringing these self-balancing scooters on board due to the risk of fire.