Canada’s fifth-largest bank is offering a special package for the Syrian refugees recently welcomed into the country.
Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce’s new program aims to help refugees “establish [their] new life in Canada” with two years of unlimited transactions with no monthly fee and the opportunity to get a credit card without income or credit history in certain cases.
CIBC and Canada’s four other largest banks announced earlier this month that they would collectively give $1 million to the Red Cross to support newly arrived Syrian refugees in Canada.
Earlier this year Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced a plan to accept 25,000 Syrian refugees in all of Canada’s 10 provinces by the end of February.
Trudeau personally welcomed the first group of refugees when they entered the country last week.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate