Authorities arrested two people on Monday in connection with the death of two children in Northern California.
Plumas County sheriff’s deputies charged Tami Joy Huntsman, 39, and Gonzalo Curiel, 17, with felony child abuse, torture and mayhem, according to the Redding Police Department, KCRA reports.
A child-abuse investigation that authorities opened Friday led to the discovery of the bodies of two dead siblings, a 5-year-old and 3 year-old, in a storage unit in Redding, Calif. A third and severely abused child was also discovered by authorities and is undergoing surgery.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow