Authorities arrested two people on Monday in connection with the death of two children in Northern California.
Plumas County sheriff’s deputies charged Tami Joy Huntsman, 39, and Gonzalo Curiel, 17, with felony child abuse, torture and mayhem, according to the Redding Police Department, KCRA reports.
A child-abuse investigation that authorities opened Friday led to the discovery of the bodies of two dead siblings, a 5-year-old and 3 year-old, in a storage unit in Redding, Calif. A third and severely abused child was also discovered by authorities and is undergoing surgery.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time