Authorities arrested two people on Monday in connection with the death of two children in Northern California.
Plumas County sheriff’s deputies charged Tami Joy Huntsman, 39, and Gonzalo Curiel, 17, with felony child abuse, torture and mayhem, according to the Redding Police Department, KCRA reports.
A child-abuse investigation that authorities opened Friday led to the discovery of the bodies of two dead siblings, a 5-year-old and 3 year-old, in a storage unit in Redding, Calif. A third and severely abused child was also discovered by authorities and is undergoing surgery.
- Inside the Death of a Rural Daycare
- Exclusive: Inside Ukraine’s Secret Effort to Train Pilots for U.S. Fighter Jets
- TIME’s First Interview in the Metaverse: How a Filmmaker Made a Movie and Fell in Love in VR
- How The Inflation Reduction Act Will Spur a New Climate Tech Ecosystem
- Climate-Conscious Architects Want Europe To Build Less
- Social Media Companies Like TikTok Hope to Fight Election Misinformation. Experts Say Their Plans Aren’t Enough
- How I Got My Students to Stop Staring at Screens
- Author Mimi Zhu Is Relearning What It Means to Love After Trauma