A man intentionally rammed his truck into the lobby of a Comfort Inn and Suites in Alva, Oklahoma last week, according to police.
John Parsley, 62, had a dispute with hotel workers over a contested refund shortly before the incident, People reports. Surveillance footage from the lobby shows a pair of hotel staffers leaping for cover as Parsley’s pick-up truck crashes through the front door, sending debris flying.
Parsley, a resident of Gonzales, Texas, will face charges of assault and battery with a dangerous weapon and malicious injury to property over $1,000. He caused more than $100,000 worth of damage, the hotel’s manager said.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science