A man intentionally rammed his truck into the lobby of a Comfort Inn and Suites in Alva, Oklahoma last week, according to police.
John Parsley, 62, had a dispute with hotel workers over a contested refund shortly before the incident, People reports. Surveillance footage from the lobby shows a pair of hotel staffers leaping for cover as Parsley’s pick-up truck crashes through the front door, sending debris flying.
Parsley, a resident of Gonzales, Texas, will face charges of assault and battery with a dangerous weapon and malicious injury to property over $1,000. He caused more than $100,000 worth of damage, the hotel’s manager said.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow