The world premiere of Star Wars: The Force Awakens in Los Angeles Monday night has created an echo chamber of fans posting variations of “no spoilers!” on their social media timelines (which also means it’s the perfect time to watch the Key & Peele parody about how this paranoia stifles conversation).
This reaction has prompted the Internet to poke fun at these spoilerphobes by tweeting fake reveals using hashtags like #StarWarsSpoilers and #ForceAwakensSpoilers. Some tweets are from earlier this month, but they have picked up steam over the last 24 hours. Scrolling through the tweets is an amusing way to kill time before the film opens in theaters on Dec. 18.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time