The world premiere of Star Wars: The Force Awakens in Los Angeles Monday night has created an echo chamber of fans posting variations of “no spoilers!” on their social media timelines (which also means it’s the perfect time to watch the Key & Peele parody about how this paranoia stifles conversation).
This reaction has prompted the Internet to poke fun at these spoilerphobes by tweeting fake reveals using hashtags like #StarWarsSpoilers and #ForceAwakensSpoilers. Some tweets are from earlier this month, but they have picked up steam over the last 24 hours. Scrolling through the tweets is an amusing way to kill time before the film opens in theaters on Dec. 18.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State