The word “google” has been part of the Merriam-Webster dictionary since 2006, which tells you just how vital the search engine has become. Google’s annual list of its most popular search terms give us a snapshot of what people have been most curious about over the past year.
The top trending general search of 2015 was Lamar Odom, the former NBA and reality TV star who was found unconscious in a Nevada brothel in October. Other popular searches included Jurassic World, the long-awaited fourth installment in the Jurassic Park series, and American Sniper, the Clint Eastwood-directed film about late Navy SEAL Chris Kyle.
Take a look at Google’s list of the top trending searches of 2015 below. The term “trending search” means these queries had the highest spike in traffic over a sustained period of time during 2015 as compared to 2014.
- Lamar Odom
- Jurassic World
- American Sniper
- Caitlyn Jenner
- Ronda Rousey
- Chris Kyle
- Fallout 4
- Straight Outta Compton
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer